Military discounts are getting easier and easier to find. This is especially true near military bases- retail stores and restaurants often offer a 10% discount for showing your military ID. Fast food restaurants such as McDonald’s, Burger King and Dunkin Donuts often offer discounts. Looking for a new car? Dealers are VERY receptive towards Vets and active duty (wear your uniform) on Veterans Day and can result in a HUGE reduction in your overall cost of the car, or at the very least given a ton of incentives! Ask my Dad, he is now enjoying free oil changes and car washes at Toyota for the rest of his life!! (Of course, he buys a new one every-other year and that may have something to do with it too).
Cell phone companies offer discounts on their plans to both military and federal employees. AT&T/Cingular’s discount is almost 20% off the monthly rate. Ask your cell phone company if they offer a discount and take advantage of the savings!
Here are some resources for finding military discounts even when it’s not Veterans Day!
::SPECIAL DAY DISCOUNTS
Here is a list of some major retailers, restaurants and certain activities that offer freebies (or steep discounts) for this Thursday November 11. Most of these freebies require a Military or Veteran’s ID. Make sure and call the store or restaurant before you go to make sure they are participating. If you are active military or a veteran, you should always ask if a discount is available since many stores offer year round discounts (i.e. cellular phone plans, home improvement stores, etc). The National Parks admission is free for everyone
Your neighborhood Applebee’s, Thursday 11am-Friday 12am
Come into Applebee’s and simply show proof of military service to enjoy a FREE entrée from our special Vets Day Menu. Invite a friend. We’ve got so much to thank America’s brave servicemen and women for. Join us now.
We want to let our guests know that many of our individually-owned restaurants may offer a local special for Veteran’s Day. We have collected the majority of the local offers on http://fdurl.com/vets/. Please check that site or call your local Famous Dave’s to see if they have an offer.
Outback Steakhouse: Veterans and active duty military will receive a free Bloomin’ Onion and Beverage
(one non-alcoholic drink) at every Outback in the country on Veterans Day. You can view more information here: Free Bloomin’ Onion & Beverage.
In Honor of Veterans’ Day
To show our appreciation and gratitude this Veteran’s Day, BJ’s is offering active duty military and all veterans a complimentary lunch entree or mini one topping pizza on Thursday, November 11. Simply visit your local BJ’s and present military ID to your server. We look forward to serving you!
Veterans can go to any Golden Corral nationwide and be served a meal free of charge in honor of Veterans Day. For those of you who are veterans, you volunteered to protect this country, so go enjoy the meal!
Bed and Breakfast Stay Free: Participating Bed and Breakfast Inns are offering a free night to Veterans on Nov. 10, 2010. To view the list of participating Inns go here: B&B for Vets.
Brides Across America: Each participating store will be preparing a select number of gown to give away. Most of the gowns are samples and overstocks and are worth approximately $500 to $3000. Dresses range in sizes from 4-22 and will be given away on a first-come, first serve basis as long as you qualify. You can view more information here: Brides Across America.
Bugaboo Creek: Military and Veteran’s will receive a free entree when one is purchased. Here is the coupon: Bugaboo Creek 2 for 1 coupon valid Nov. 11, 2010.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: Veterans and active military will receive a free Krispy Kreme donut on Nov. 11, 2010.
National Parks: Everyone can receive free admission to National Parks on Nov. 11, 2010. To view the list go here: U.S. National Park Service.
Sam’s Club: In honor of Veterans Day, Sam’s Club locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo canes free of charge on November 10th, 11th and 12th, 2010 to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Sam’s Club Membership is not required.
You can read about it here: Free Cane at Sam’s Club.
Uno Chicago Grill: Veterans and active duty military will receive a free entree or pizza. You can view more information here: Free Entree or Pizza.
T.G.I. Friday’s – Buy one get one free Nov 11-14. At participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
Subway – Free Six Inch Sub. Many subway locations offer a free six inch sub to military veterans on Veteran’s Day. However, Subway restaurants are franchises, so this offer may only be available in select locations. Please contact your local Subway for more information regarding Veteran’s day specials.
Home Depot: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
Lowes: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, and retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 6 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays.
Local: Puget Sound Region
Brown Bear Carwash – Free car wash for veterans.
Belltown and Downtown Seattle
- Happy Burrito Mexican Food (The taco truck near the dog park on 3rd Ave) – Free Taco.
- Mama’s Mexican Kitchen – Veterans eat free until 5pm.
- The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co – Free cupcake for veterans.
- Bedlam Coffee – Free cup of coffee for veterans.
- Caffe Lieto – Free biscuit with jelly/butter with proof of service for every veteran. Also, buy any coffee, get a second one free.
- Rob Roy – 50% off your entire bill.
- Spa Noir – 50% off an hour long massage for veterans, you must call (206)448-7600 to make an appointment, space is limited.
- The Crab Pot – Free appetizer or dessert with entree purchase for veterans.
- Fisherman’s Restaurant – Free appetizer or dessert with entree purchase for veterans.
- Dimitriou’s Jazz Alley – Half price admission to veterans on Thursday for the 10pm show. Seating starts at 9:30 and advanced reservations are required by calling (206)441-9729.
- Ventana Restaurant – 50% off your entire dinner bill.
- Twist – 50% off your entire dinner bill.
- Deli Shez Cafe – $1 for any coffee drink for veterans or 60% off your entire order.
Hooters at Lake Union -Free meals for veterans.
- Queen Anne Cafe – Free breakfast for veterans and 50% the entire bill the rest of the day.
- Dicks (all locations) – Free hamburger or cheeseburger for veterans. WAHOO!!Oh Daaaaaadd….let’s go for a little ride!! I’ll spring for the fries!
- Seattle Art Museum – Free general admission for every veteran and a guest.
One word…PICASSO! What a great opportunity to see this exhibit!
- The Museum of Flight – Free admission for veterans
- Sport Clips in Bellevue and Kirkland – Free haircut for veterans.
- Chuck’s Donuts in Renton – Free donut for veterans.
- Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium – Free admission for veterans.
- The Museum of Glass – Free admission for veterans.
- Washington State History Museum – Free admission for veterans.
- Tacoma Art Museum – Free admission for veterans.
Marimba Grill – 50% off the entire bill for veterans.
Northwest Trek out in Eatonville is offering free admission for veterans and their families.
Thank you David Nelson at the Seattle P.I. for some of the local ideas!
Thanks JJ for this Awesome list! As with anything before you head out call ahead to make sure the location near you is participating.